Long-living deciduous tree growing up to 35 feet tall with characteristic fan-shaped leaves. It occurs on Earth for 200 million years!
Today it grows throughout Asia, China, Japan, North America, Australia, New Zealand. In Europe it is often grown as a tree decorating parks and avenues.
It is particularly resistant to harmful environmental factors (pests and diseases, air and water pollution, ionizing radiation).
Surowcem leczniczym są liście, z których przygotowuje się wyciągi wodno-alkoholowe.
Its leaves are used for medicine mostly by preparing hydro-alcoholic extracts.
Thanks to the glycosides and terpene flavonoids contents ginkgo has many beneficial health properties:
- has a beneficial effect on the blood and cells, improving blood circulation (especially in the brain tissue),
- reduces blood viscosity, thus improving the utilization of oxygen and increasing the ability to concentrate, learning and memorize,
- dilates blood vessels,
- it is a powerful antioxidant so:
- reduces oxidative stress tension,
- protects the brain from damage caused by the presence of free radicals,
- improves the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain cells
- usprawnia krążenie obwodowe dzięki czemu wpływa na zmniejszenie bólu przy poruszaniu się, łagodzi występowanie drętwienia i mrowienia oraz uczucie zimnych kończyn
- significantly increases mental alertness (affects memory and concentration),
- improves blood supply to the cochlea in the inner ear, reducing tinnitus and dizziness,
- improves peripheral circulation so that it reduces pain during activity, relieving occurrence of numbness and tingling and the feeling of cold limbs
- Impairment of memory and concentration difficulties
- a sense of inner chaos
- increased irritability, emotional lability
- imbalance as well as blurred vision and cataract
- states of confusion and anxiety
- Alzheimer's disease
- impairment of brain function in old age
- prevention against myocardial infarction, cerebral embolism
- weakening of the heart muscle