COMMON TOADFLAX - dried herb - 250g
A species of perennial belonging to the Plantaginaceae family. Occurs in the northern hemisphere - in Europe, Asia and North America. It grows on roadside, grasslands, on stony slopes, pastures, meadows, on arable fields as a weed. It prefers sunny places. It grows in both dry and humid places.
- herbal raw material: herb
- contains peganin alkaloid, phytosterols, organic acids, flavonoids and others
- in folk medicine used as a mild laxative, diuretic, anti-inflammatory
- formerly used to stimulate intestinal peristalsis and as a bile smooth muscle relaxant
- infusions were used to alleviate the ailments of hemorrhoids
- used for digestive disorders, flatulence and intestinal atony