JIAOGULAN - dried leaves - 50g
Jiaogulan is known as the herb of longevity or FIVE-LEAF ginseng because of the great and wide spectum of properties. It is also known as the herb of life or her of immortality (Gynostemma pentaphyllum). This perennial, herbaceous vine is native to southern China, northern Vietnam, South Korea and Japan. For thousands of years it's been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. In its composition it has 18 kinds of amino acids essential for human health and trace elements: selenium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, and vitamins B, C, E, A, D, and more than 80 saponins.
- has the unique ability to maintain internal stability of biological processes in the circulatory, digestive, immune, nervous and reproductive systems
- is a potent antioxidant that prevents cancer and slows the aging process
- strengthens the immune system
- exhibits adaptogenic behavior, affecting among other things, hormonal balance, the immune system, strength and fitness
- improves memory and reflexes
- recommended for hypertension and hypotension, lowers cholesterol and triglycerides, and thins the blood
- increases the efficiency of the heart muscle
- protects the liver from toxic substances, cleanses the body of toxins
- prevents weakening, prevents fatigue, boosts energy and promotes beauty
- acts as an antidepressant, calms, keeps the balance of the body
- regulates blood sugar levels
- improves metabolism
- daily drinking tea can increase fat metabolism and help with weight loss
- evening drinking improves the quality of sleep
- improves respiratory function
The raw material are leaves with addition of some stems, which have a lot of other applications, including allergies, asthma, headaches, ulcers, diabetes, gout, cough, prostate, acne, chronic gastritis.
Healing parts: leaves, stems
Country of origin: Thailand
Classification: Gynostemma pentaphyllum
HOW TO USE:
You can prepare a decoction or brew as an ordinary tea. Pour a teaspoon of dried herb in a cup, add hot (not boiling) water, wait 10 minutes before serving. Drink preferably warm.