ROWAN (MOUNTAIN-ASH) - dried fruit - 1000g (1kg)
A perennial tree or shrub belonging to the family Rosaceae. It grows in Europe, south-west Asia, west Siberia. It grows up to 15 m in height. It has a smooth and bright bark. The fruits are spherical, orange, red, tart and bitter and appear from July to October. They have a length of 7-9 mm.
- herbal raw material: fruits
- contain a lot of vitamins C, E, P, K, PP, a bit of vitamin A, sorbose sugar, tannins, pectin
- it is used as a diuretic and has a positive effect on mucous membranes and digestive system function
- used for intestinal catarrh, chronic diarrhea, various diseases of the liver and gallbladder
- it is usually used in blends with other herbs