COLTSFOOT - dried leaf - 1000g (1kg)
A species of plant in the Asteraceae family, native areas of its occurrence include Europe, a large part of Asia as well as Algeria and Morocco. It also spread outside these areas (including to North America).
- coltsfoot leaf contains acid mucus, tannins, flavonoids, zinc rich mineral salts, bitterness and some essential oil
- it is mainly used in inflammation and catarrh of the airways, mouth and larynx
- exerts a shielding and astringent effect
- triggers an expectorant reflex through the action of swelling and dilution of retained secretion and stimulation of ciliary epithelial movements
- facilitates expectoration by lowering the tension of the smooth muscles of the upper respiratory tract and bronchi